Thursday 31 January 2013

First Things First

Hello!









Yup. I am. But that's not important. Why? Because I'm usually not as awkward over the internet. It's just if you actually meet me that the discomfort of the situation will permeate your very soul...

But I digress. I am terrible at digressing. I do it all the time. There was this one person who I just couldn't talk to without going off on tangents... His name was... Jenkins. Well, that was his last name. That's actually a very funny story-

I'm doing it again... I'm really terribly sorry. I promise to stop.

Okay. This is a blog. A writing blog. Because I've already got a Tumblr account for being awkward on the internet.... and a YouTube account for being awkward with friends who live far away.... But I don't have a way to share my writing over the internet, which, up to now, I've always considered a blessing. You see, I'm very shy. Excrutiatingly shy. It's quite... well, awkward. And, for some strange reason, I'm, like, ten times shyer over the internet.

'But Belle,' The voices in my head say in a condescending tone, 'Shouldn't it actually be easier for you to talk to someone over the internet. Wouldn't it give you anonymity?'

I know. I know! And yet, I still have trouble.

So this is scary. I'm sharing my best pieces of writing with a bunch of faceless people who might just happen onto my site by accident... which will probably never happen, because, most likely, the only people who will read this are my friends and teacher. But the YouTube channel I'm a part of has, like, two unknown watchers, and we have comments from a bunch of different people! It's so cool! So the chances that someone will happen upon this site is probably pretty likely. It's the internet.

Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment