Friday 1 February 2013

Modern Fairy Tales Debunked



I have
Struggled
With this assignment because
Modern
Fairy
Tales
Are just that.
Fairy tales.
They don’t exist.
Happily ever after is a
Lie.
Stories like Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Cinderella-
In the modern world-
Would not end well.
Belle would say the Beast was
Ugly
And leave him for Gaston.
Snow White would be about a girl who overdosed
And she wouldn’t
Wake
Up.
Ever.
Cinderella- well, that’s just silly-
They would end up divorced.
He couldn’t even remember what the love of his life looked like
After he’d met her for half an hour at the high school dance.
Do you really think they’d end up in a
Happy
Perfect
Marriage?
Fairy tales are beautiful
Wonderful
Amazing
Things, but if you modernize them
Everything ends up…
Like real life.
That’s why they’re called fairy tales.
They don’t really exist.
They’re a crappy reality show on MTV,
With drama
And sex
And lots of very angry people.
Who wants to read that?
Well, obviously the viewers…
But I digress.
Fairy tales, I can write-
But modernize them?
No.
No.
I refuse.
Point blank.
Sorry.
I can’t do that to my beloved characters.
I love them too much to ruin their
Happily
Ever
After.

No comments:

Post a Comment